Thursday, April 1, 2010

It Runs in the Family


I love my sister. We get along, we can talk about anything, we’d do anything to help each other and we have the same sense of humor. Have you ever seen the show Gilmore Girls? If you haven’t, you’ll have no idea what I’m referring to. One of the reasons I loved that show was because of the unique sense of humor shared by the mother and daughter. It’s the same humor my sister and I share.

My sister and I are both under a lot of stress right now. She is about to start working on her Masters and I’m trying to finish mine. The last several nights I’ve gotten 5 hours or less of sleep. She and I are both exhausted. When we are tired, our sense of humor kicks into overdrive and we talk about the dumbest stuff. We can see something the tickles our funny bone and then our imaginations kick in. We had just such a texting conversation last night.

When I walked into my bedroom my dog, Nahla, was in her regular spot…on her bed. I busted out laughing when I saw her. I took a picture and sent it to my sister. The following texting conversation ensued:

Ginger: She looks like she is sliding off her bed trying to hang on for dear life.

Gena: lol. Yes she does…is she drunk?

Ginger: lol maybe that’s what she does while I’m at work all day…sneaks out, spends the day drinking with her friends and comes home right before I do

Gena: Exactly…I bet she learned it from Sophie…that explains her craziness
(Note: Sophie is my parents’ dog. She is an energetic ball of insanity. Nahla has spent quite a bit of time with Sophie.)

Ginger: Indeed it does!

Gena: lol that whole idea just makes me laugh. I must be tired.

Ginger: lol I’m right there with you! I busted out laughing when I saw Nahla. This conversation has me still laughing.

Gena: Good thing we’re the only ones in this conversation. Anyone else would think we were drinking.

This post differs from the typical There is Always a Story post, but hopefully it’s entertaining nonetheless. I'm looking forward to completing my Masters for many reasons. One reason is that I will finally have time to post more stories! Because as you know, there is always a story.

No comments: