Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flying Saucers

So, I had a moment last night. It was 9:30pm and I was finally sitting down to relax. I treated myself to an ice cream treat that as I kid I think were called flying saucers although I could totally be making that up. The ones I bought this week are called Big Wheels. Anyway, it is round chocolote cookies with cookies and cream ice cream in between. Yum!

I was sitting on the love seat with the ice cream in my right hand and my dog came over to be petted. As I reached out to pet her with my left hand the ice cream went flying out of my right hand onto the floor. Don't ask me how it happened because I have no idea! I don't remember bumping anything with my hand. One minute the ice cream is in my hand, the next it is flying through the air. I quickly snatched it up before my dog could eat it...although she was too surprised to go for it. I picked it up, looked at it and, quitely honestly, considered eating it anyway. However, my dog enjoys licking the carpet so I thought better of that idea and threw it away.

Perhaps that should have been clue enough to let me know I should not eat one last night. But instead, I went into the kitchen, opened up the freezer and took out the long plastic container they are in. There were three left in the container. Now it is one of those containers like you find in the bakery at the grocery store. The ones with the plastic tabs and interlock and are a royal pain to open without cracking the whole thing.

I put the container on the counter to open it. Upon opening it, two of the remaining three treats flew out of the container and onto the floor. I looked at the floor, threw my hands in the air and yelled "What the crap?!?!" I picked them up, looked at them and decided to keep them. In the spirit of my friend Heather, I ate one and put the other back in the container. I'll have that one tonight. I really hope my dog doesn't lick the kitchen floor :-/

No comments: